Forest of Light
for the Nobel Peace Prize Concert
The Nobel Peace Prize Concert is a celebration of the peace prize winners, and after two years of cancellations due to the pandemic, The Norwegian Nobel Institute and the Oslo Philharmonic invited Snøhetta to help create a new and modern visual expression for the worldwide broadcast.
Snøhetta has collaborated with the Oslo Philharmonic, choreographer and director Fredrik Benke Rydman, the Nobel Institute and the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK) to create the stage design for the concert which includes a set design with graphic elements and a light installation. The ambition was to create a new format to reinvent the concert with a long tradition.
Oslo Philharmonic & Nobel Institute
Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK)
Benke Rydman (Choreographer)
A concert in balance
The design concept of balance combines the modern with the traditional, the playful with the sophisticated, the human and the technological, the dark with the light. Equal importance was given to defining the balance between the design and needs of the performers to practice their art. Just as peace is not the absence of conflict, but a state of balance.
The idea of balance is also reflected in the choice of music pieces throughout the whole concert. It consists of different artistic extremes that meet to find a common language. A pop artist creates the opening work together with a classical composer. A slam poet recites to the orchestra’s cellist. And a street dancer moves to Stravinsky.
Videos from the concert
- Nadine Fumiko Schaub Product Designer email@example.com
- Francesca Giulia Poli Product Designer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gaute Tenold Aase Team Lead Graphic Design, Senior Designer email@example.com
- Hedda Lilleng Managing Director Snøhetta Design firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marius Myking Director of Product Design email@example.com
- Janicke Sæther Biz Dev & Acquisitions Manager firstname.lastname@example.org