Snøhetta Unveils Counterbalance at the European Cultural Centre in Venice
On Saturday, May 20, we will unveil Counterbalance, an interactive installation at the European Cultural Centre's Giardini Marinaressa in Venice. The piece will be part of the exhibition Time Space Existence that will run concurrently with the Architecture Biennale.
The asymmetrical piece creates deliberate instability for users, and through play creates new perceptions of land, trees, sky, and water, all of which are part of experience of the Giardini. Counterbalance is a meditation of the fragility and ebbing quality that makes Venice unique and uniquely vulnerable in the age of climate change.
Read more about the project here.
- Skimuseet marks its centenary with a new entrance designed by Snøhetta December 02 (2023)
- Snøhetta collaborates on the concept design for the redevelopment of Downtown Auckland November 29 (2023)
- Holcim Awards North American jury led by Craig Dykers November 27 (2023)
- h2o architectes and Snøhetta complete renovation of Musée national de la Marine November 21 (2023)
- Three awards for Snøhetta at the 2023 Archiproducts Design Award November 20 (2023)