Snøhetta awarded Architects of the Year in Monocle Design Awards 2023
Snøhetta has been awarded Architects of the Year in the prestigious Monocle Design Awards 2023. Monocle's statement about Snøhetta in the magazine's Design Top 50 special reads:
Snøhetta is the model for what a contemporary architecture studio can be. Over the past year, co-founders Craig Dykers and Kjetil Trædal Thorsen have led their team on projects spanning everything from product design and graphics to architecture for retailers such as Holzweiler and a maritime center in Denmark.
"Our projects are not complete in themselves. They're samples of possible futures and not the answer to everything. They present an opening for rethinking, redesigning, and redoing. It's about not over-engineering every special condition. The best spaces allow for change: they can get messy and aren't quite perfect. But that brings variety - and that's a positive thing", says Dykers and Thorsen in an interview with Monocle.
Read more in the Monocle Design Top 50 issue here (Requires subscription)
Holzweiler Copenhagen A trace of the Norwegian spirit
Esbjerg Maritime Center Lighting up the Danish west coast
- Skimuseet marks its centenary with a new entrance designed by Snøhetta December 02 (2023)
- Snøhetta collaborates on the concept design for the redevelopment of Downtown Auckland November 29 (2023)
- Holcim Awards North American jury led by Craig Dykers November 27 (2023)
- h2o architectes and Snøhetta complete renovation of Musée national de la Marine November 21 (2023)
- Three awards for Snøhetta at the 2023 Archiproducts Design Award November 20 (2023)