Snøhetta designs social dining chairs for the modern home
Snøhetta and Varier have partnered to create Social, a set of two versatile dining chairs to accommodate the growing needs of the modern home, where the dining table now serves many purposes. Social has a low environmental footprint and will launch during Milan Design Week on April 19th.
Social is designed for the Norwegian ergonomic-focused furniture manufacturer Varier and is a dining chair informed by movement and interaction. The role and purpose of our homes have drastically changed during the last few years, and the kitchen and dining tables have become places where every aspect of life happens. Social adapts to this ever-changing context by facilitating movements for more natural interactions in work, play, creation, and social settings.
- Partner Michelle Delk Delivers Keynote at the Opening of the European Cultural Centre's Time Space Existence Exhibition May 22 (2023)
- Snøhetta Unveils Counterbalance at the European Cultural Centre in Venice May 15 (2023)
- Snøhetta opens new studio in Shenzhen, China May 12 (2023)
- Snøhetta awarded Architects of the Year in Monocle Design Awards 2023 April 27 (2023)
- Snøhetta wins three design awards for the 550 Madison Avenue Garden and the Ford Dearborn Campus Transformation Master Plan April 21 (2023)