Snøhetta unveils nest-like cabins on the edge of Lysefjorden
Snøhetta has been working with local entrepreneur Tom Bjarte Norland and Danish interior brand Vipp to develop a unique experience on the edge of Lysefjorden on the Norwegian west coast. The Bolder project consists of four cabins lifted over the ground designed to harmonize in the best possible way with the surrounding nature and blur the lines between indoors and outdoors.
The project, which started in 2020, grew out of the desire to create an experience that is truly special and authentic, where nature plays a major part. The four cabins, named: Stylten, Myra, Stjerna, and Eldhuset are located on the edge of Lysefjorden, built to blend in with the landscape with a minimal footprint on the surrounding nature.
- Partner Michelle Delk Delivers Keynote at the Opening of the European Cultural Centre's Time Space Existence Exhibition May 22 (2023)
- Snøhetta Unveils Counterbalance at the European Cultural Centre in Venice May 15 (2023)
- Snøhetta opens new studio in Shenzhen, China May 12 (2023)
- Snøhetta awarded Architects of the Year in Monocle Design Awards 2023 April 27 (2023)
- Snøhetta wins three design awards for the 550 Madison Avenue Garden and the Ford Dearborn Campus Transformation Master Plan April 21 (2023)