Kjetil Trædal Thorsen wins the Norwegian EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Award
Snøhetta's co-founder Kjetil Trædal Thorsen has been awarded Norwegian EY Entrepreneur Of The Year for his long-term value-based management, creativity, risk-taking, and international growth.
The EY Entrepreneur of the Year Awards is a global competition administered by Ernst & Young to recognize entrepreneurial achievements among individuals and companies demonstrating vision, leadership, and success.
The Norwegian final took place in Oslo on the 9th of February, where a total of 12 finalists were nominated. Kjetil Trædal Thorsen goes on to represent Norway in the world final in Monaco this summer.
An independent jury consisting of Norwegian business representatives based their decision on criteria such as entrepreneurial spirit, company values, management and how environmental and social sustainability and financial governance is integrated in the company. Their verdict reads:
With creativity, value-based management, and great personal risk, the winner has impressively seized opportunities and created a solid international business in a competitive industry. Snøhetta has expanded steadily and profitably because of innovative thinking and worldwide attention to its projects. The winner has ESG as a founding pillar and is not afraid to question established truths, which makes Snøhetta well-positioned for further growth and value creation.
Ina K. Rosenberg, partner in EY and in charge of EY Entrepreneur Of The Year in Norway, says:
«It has been a worthy final, and we are proud to pay tribute to Norway's leading growth creators for the 21st year in a row. All the finalists are enormously dedicated to the business and creating growth and jobs. The finalists have every reason to go home and be proud of their achievements. They see and seize opportunities, face adversity, find solutions and are truly impressive examples to follow.»
- Partner Michelle Delk Delivers Keynote at the Opening of the European Cultural Centre's Time Space Existence Exhibition May 22 (2023)
- Snøhetta Unveils Counterbalance at the European Cultural Centre in Venice May 15 (2023)
- Snøhetta opens new studio in Shenzhen, China May 12 (2023)
- Snøhetta awarded Architects of the Year in Monocle Design Awards 2023 April 27 (2023)
- Snøhetta wins three design awards for the 550 Madison Avenue Garden and the Ford Dearborn Campus Transformation Master Plan April 21 (2023)